Stefanie’s Secret Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Hi everyone! I LOVE to bake and when I have some extra time you can find me in the kitchen whipping up a new batch of cookies or cupcakes for my family and friends. Here is a recipe you should all try! Remember to post your photos in the fanZONE forum!
2 1/4 cups bread flour
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup unsalted butter
1/4 cup granulated white sugar
1 1/4 cups dark brown sugar, packed
1 Tablespoon half and half cream
1 Tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 large egg
1 large egg yolk
2 cups chocolate chips
[alert color="red"] Remember to post your baking photos on twitter #bakingwithstef! [/alert]
1. Sift together flour, salt and baking soda; set aside.
2. Melt butter in medium saucepan stirring often, until butter is browned. Turn off heat and stir in white and brown sugars.
3. Scrape into a medium mixing bowl and use electric mixer to cream the butter and sugars together. Add half & half, lemon juice, vanilla extract and eggs. Mix well. Slowly add the flour mixture with electric mixer a little at a time. Stir in the chocolate chips. The cookie dough will be very soft so cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill until firm (an hour or two).
4. Preheat oven to 375°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Make tablespoon size balls of dough 12 to a sheet and bake 10 -12 minnutes..
5. Bake 10 to 12 minutes, depending on how large you’ve rolled your balls (mine took 11 minutes).